“Neighbours of our Neighbours”: The European Union is remaking Past Mistakes. The Sahel Region as Case Point
The term “neighbours of our neighbours” was first officially introduced in a communication by the European Commission in 2006 on “strengthening the European Neighbourhood Policy” . The communication states that cooperation should go beyond the EU’s immediate neighbours to reach out to “the neighbours of our neighbours”.
Read and Download the full report “Neighbours of our Neighbours”: The European Union is remaking Past Mistakes. The Sahel Region as Case Point
- The geopolitical significance of the Sahel
- A comparison between EU policies in the Maghreb countries and in the Sahel
- Three main undeliverables by the Sahel strategy
- The knock-on-effect of the political dynamics in the Sahel on the Maghreb countries
- Toward new approach in the Sahel